Friday, October 28, 2011

Hursts visit Charleston

Last week my in-laws came to Charleston for the first time! They stayed with us from Wednesday through Monday and we had such a good time showing them around and spending quality time with family again.

In case you didn't know, I love my in-laws. Some people sigh and groan when they have to spend time with their in-laws. But I have known John's fabulous parents since I was 16. I grew up with them and they are definitely my second parents. So I couldn't be happier to take a few days off work and vacation in my own town with them.

John and his parents on our front porch. Love these people!

We did lots of fun stuff while they were in Charleston. But mostly what we did was eat some great food! We ate at Fleet Landing, 82 Queen and Slightly North of Broad to name a few. Here were some of the highlights...

You're just not a Hurst unless you love boiled peanuts :) Grady and Ruth were excited they are served as an appetizer at Hominy Grill.

John and his parents loved the oysters at Fleet Landing. I enjoyed the waterfront view...and my chicken.



We also did a lot of sight seeing around town. Unfortunately, it was too cold to spend time at the beach. But we did take them to the Folly Beach Pier and watched some fishermen catch a stingray!

Jackets are now the required beachwear.

We also did quite a bit of shopping on beautiful King Street.

On Sunday, Ruth and I went on the Preservation Society's Fall Tour of Homes and Gardens. We toured seven private houses, two churches and one private garden South of Broad (ritzy area). We weren't allowed to take pictures inside the houses, but let me tell you, they were beautiful. Here's some of the other things we saw...

Me and my new Rolls-Royce. Yeah, right.

One of the beautiful houses we toured


So many cute courtyards and private gardens hidden behind gates and brick walls.

This is a great shot Ruth took of the Charleston Harbor from Waterfront Park downtown.


John and his parents. So happy you guys came to visit! Miss you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment