Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkins: picking 'em and carving 'em

One of the fun things we did with John's parents while they were in town was go to them pumpkin patch! I love a good pumpkin patch and this one was pretty good. The best part was the corn maze! And no, we didn't get lost in the corn maze like these people.... link

Me and John on the tractor


Has anyone tried a grape Nehi? I guess it's a Southern thing. But it was delicious!

Here's an aerial shot of the corn maze we explored.


Getting ourselves lost in the maze

At this pumpkin patch, you could pick your own pumpkin right off the vine.



Of course John picked a pumpkin that was bigger than his head.

The pumpkins we bought have been gracing our front porch for the last week along with our beautiful mums. But today they went under the knife as we carved them into jack-o-lanterns! I am notorious for being horrible at carving pumpkins, but this year I exceeded my own expectations and managed to not screw my pumpkin up!

Our bad boys lit up in front of the fireplace

Ready for the trick or treaters on the front porch! Mine's on the top step, John's is the huge one in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment