Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Shannon in Charleston!

Guess what! My best friend Shannon came to visit me in Charleston!!!!!! (Yes, it does require that many exclamation marks.)

Welcome to the Lowcountry, Shannon!
I was so excited this past week to have my dear friend from Oklahoma and her husband, Neal, stay with us for 5 days. Shannon and I have been friends since eighth grade and I have missed her terribly these past few years we have been away from Oklahoma. Since we didn't go to the same college, we figured these 5 days were the most time we've spent together since high school! So crazy! But the good news is, after 5 days of touring her and Neal around Charleston, I still love her. Just kidding, Shan. I had so much fun with you two!

On their first full day in Charleston, I had to take them for a walking tour downtown. We toured the neighborhoods South of Broad, visited waterfront park, the battery, the City Market and King Street. What an afternoon!

Pretty Shan and a Southern magnolia tree

Some of the sights we saw South of Broad

More prettiness
Us in front of the Rainbow Row area

Shannon and Neal by the water at the Battery.

Neal found something he could get into --big guns.

A highlight of the day: swinging on the pier at Waterfront Park.
And we finished the day off with a true Southern lunch at Jestine's Kitchen. The fried chicken and fried okra were amazing, but we were really there for the chocolate Coca-Cola cake and the sweet tea.

Yum!

More Shannon and Katie adventures to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment