Monday, February 27, 2012

Our First Baby...Shower

This weekend we celebrated the upcoming arrival of a new little bundle of joy in the MUSC resident family! John and I hosted a resident baby shower at our house for our good friends Connie and Daniel, who will be having a baby girl in the end of March.

I started planning this shower pretty much when Connie first told me she was pregnant last summer. I'd never thrown a shower before and was excited to put it together! Especially when they found out they were having a girl and I knew I could do everything in pink!

The dining room set up before the food was put out. 
Connie and Daniel are keeping the baby's name a secret until she arrives, so for now we just call her baby Cornett.

Since Daniel is the actual MUSC resident, Connie is a pharmacy groupie like myself, we decided to make it a co-ed shower, inviting all the residents and their significant others. The girls in the group helped me provide all the yummy food and while we opened presents and played baby shower games, the guys played in a diaper poker tournament. To buy in, they had to bring two packs of diapers and $5. Daniel got to take home all the diapers, and the cash went to the winner of the tournament. 

The guys enjoying the food. Thanks ladies for all the yummy dishes you shared!
While the girls chatted and opened gifts in the living room...
John hosted a poker tournament for the guys in the spare room/ man cave.

Daddy and Mommy to be laughing during one of the baby shower games
Me and the baby mama!
All the girls at the shower

No comments:

Post a Comment