Friday, December 2, 2011

Home Sweet 'Homa

John and I were fortunate enough to get to go home to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving this year. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, so it meant a lot to me to get to spend it with family. We hadn't been home in sixth months, so this year I was thankful for every minute I got to spend with those I love.

Thanksgiving at my Mom's house.

Making gingerbread houses with the kiddos at the Hursts'. Love those little ones!

John preparing the Thanksgiving meal at his parents' - steaks!

Extra thankful for getting to relive our college days back in Norman at the OU v. Iowa State game. We even abandoned our bought seats to move over to the student section. Still seems more like home over there.

Celebrating another Sooner victory at The Mont.

I'm so thankful for all that God has provided for me and John this year. I remember last year being so worried and scared about what this year would hold. Leaving Birmingham, I had no idea what my life in Charleston would be like. But God has provided a nice home for us, a job for me that I love, perseverance for John as he finishes up his last year of residency, good friends and a wonderful city to explore and make memories in together.

I can't begin to say how thankful I am for His blessings, His faithfulness and His grace. But these lyrics from a song by Annie Johnson Flint do a pretty good job.

"When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,
Our Father's full giving is only begun.
His love hath no limit,
His grace hath no measure,
His power hath no boundary known unto men.
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again."


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Now bring on Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment