Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas in Marion Square

I forgot to mention that last weekend, John and I went to the Holiday Farmers Market in Marion Square. Marion Square has an awesome farmer's market every Saturday that we like to go to for the fresh fruits and veggies and the local shopping vendors. I always plan to blog about it, then forget to take pictures. Woops! I can't say I did a whole lot better this time.

The farmer's market was pretty much the same, with a few extra Christmas-themed booths and extended hours. They did have a band playing Christmas music and Marion Square had their Christmas decorations up. It was in the high 60s this day, so it was beautiful weather to hang out in the park.

John eating a crepe from the Charleston Crepe Company! Yum! We got breakfast crepes with eggs and veggies. Definitely worth the 20 minute wait at their little food booth.


Marion Square is also the home of the city of Charleston's Christmas tree, which is not actually a tree, but a light display in the shape of a tree.



I liked these little (real) trees they had along the walkways decorated by different elementary schools. Look, this one's just my size!

Just a beautiful day for relaxing in Charleston!

No comments:

Post a Comment