Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sticky Buns and New Honey Bun

Catching up a little on what's been going on since Sarah Roland came to visit us (been a few very very busy weeks!)...I forgot to fill you all in on the best morning ever that happened a few weeks ago.

On the morning of Sunday, May 20, Sarah Roland and I woke up early and went for a long 6 mile run---how all great morning's should start if you ask me. The night before, my sister Sarah went into labor back home in Oklahoma and I was up several times that night checking text message updates from my mom. It was driving me crazy that I couldn't be there to be with my family, so pounding the pavement on a 6 mile run really helped.

After our run, we headed to WildFlour Bakery to finally try their famous Sunday Sticky Buns that we've heard so much about. We tried once before a few months ago, and by the time we got there, they had already sold out. This Sunday, we made sure to be there early. 

Back in Oklahoma, Sarah went into the operating room for a C-section right about the time we got to the bakery in Charleston. I was a nervous wreck the whole time we were ordering and nibbling our sweet treats. Their deliciousness wasn't lost on me though, they were amazing---big, soft cinnamon rolls with glazed pecans on top.


Could hardly snap a pic of them before they were eagerly devoured.
By the time we got back to the car and were driving home, I got a teary-eyed phone call from my Mom and this picture sent to my phone...
My new honey bun, Kingston Alexander is born
I couldn't be more proud to be this little guy's aunt. I talked to him on the phone a few hours after his arrival (aka my mom held the phone up to him crying,) but we've yet to meet in person yet. I can't wait to hold him and give him lots of kisses when we go to Oklahoma this weekend. 


Love my beautiful sister and baby Kingston.


No comments:

Post a Comment