Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fun in Salt Lake City

This past weekend John and I went on an adventure to the great state of Utah. Salt Lake City precisely. John was interviewing for a job at a hospital there and I went along for the ride and to assure myself that I could actually enjoy living there. We definitely have some important decisions to make in the near future, but for the weekend, I was just glad to be off work, spending time with my husband and exploring a fun new city. 

Wouldn't you know, the rental car we got was a Sentra! It was almost like driving good old Al around again.

Our hotel was called Little America and along with the big room and marble tub, we also got chocolates on our pillow every night. Fancy!

The view of Salt Lake City from our hotel room window.

The mountain views were definitely the best part of the trip. So beautiful! 
We enjoyed a beautiful mountain sunrise on our ride up to Park City Sunday morning. 

We had some fun exploring Park City's Main Street.

Then we got to ride a ski lift/gondola from the parking lot the base of the mountain at Canyons ski resort. 

Where we were pleasantly surprised to find our favorite Oklahoma beer, Boulevard Wheat, on tap. Love John's glasses? Those are his "I-forgot-my-sunglasses-at-the-hotel" last minute replacement pair. 

Back in Salt Lake, we saw the site of the Olympic torch on our tour of the city. 

And just when this city was winning me over, I found a spot that felt even more like home---good old TCBY! A self-serve TCBY, actually. Fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment