Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!

We rang in the New Year in Tulsa this year, during our weeklong post-Christmas vacation. For the second year in a row, we spent the night with my family, racing into the New Year!

Mom, Larry and I all ran in the 5K, which started at 11:45. The midnight fireworks went off when we were about halfway through with the race, meaning we literally raced into the New Year.

Here we are with our cheerleaders, John and Sarah. Family tradition for a second year in a row!

Last year, we finished Mom, Larry and then me. I came in about 32 minutes last year (I wasn't in great running shape, give me a break!)

But this year... we finished me, Larry and then Mom! I finished with a personal record, 26:44! I came in 4th in my age group (so close to getting a medal!) and 18th out of 318 women overall. I couldn't be happier!

Mom finished first in her age group and Larry came in second in his. Way to go team!


Me and my Momma! I love running with her! One of the best parts of my trip home.

Happy 2012 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment